Bethabara’s Food Pantry Items
for the Month for February:
- Cooking Oil and Flour -
You may bring these items before worship and place them on the
communion table or place them in the bins in the Fellowship
Hall. These items will be included in the food given to the
needy. Thank you for your help.
Moravian Daily Texts
Wednesday, January 23 – Psalm 16:7-11
1 Chronicles 21:27-22:19; Acts 15:19-31
Have I any pleasure in the death of the wicked, says the Lord God, and not rather that they should turn from their ways and live? Ezekiel 18:23
The Father said, “This son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found!” Luke 15:24
Forgiving Father, it is humbling to recognize that you have no pleasure in seeing your children lost. Your desire is to see us alive and whole in Jesus Christ; keep us on the straight and narrow way we pray. Amen.
Moravian Daily Texts
Tuesday, January 22 – Psalm 16:1-6
1 Chronicles 21:1-26; Acts 15:6-18
Learn to do good; seek justice, rescue the oppressed. Isaiah 1:17
Remember those who are in prison, as though you were in prison with them; those who are being tortured, as though you yourselves were being tortured. Hebrews 13:3
Merciful God, we thank you for freedom. Many are oppressed and in prison because they sought you and many have lost their way. Humble us to pray and to stand boldly in the gap for Jesus’ sake. Amen.
Meal Schedule Wed. Night Program—Bethabara Moravian Church
January 16, 2013 through March13, 2013
January 16th—Joint Fellowship; Edna, Lenny & Gena assistance
January 23rd—JoBeth with Youth assistance
January 30th—International, Hilda with Student assistance
February 6th—Edna, with Pastoral assistance
February 13th Joint Fellowship; Edna, Lenny & Gena assistance (Ash Wed. no classes)
February 20th–JoBeth with Youth assistance
February 27th—International, Hilda with Student assistance
March 6th——–Edna with Pastoral assistance
March 13th——Joint Fellowship; Edna, Lenny & Gena assistance
installation-service Sunday, Jeff Jones will be installed as the 48th Pastor of Bethabara Moravian Church.
Pray Every Day - January 2013
1. In the Lord alone are righteousness and strength. Pray for the victims of hurricane Sandy.
2. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge. Pray for volunteers and contributions to help the victims of
3. Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by doing so some have entertained angels. Pray for Joanie and
Weldon Harris, coordinators of the Mission House in Ocean Springs Mississippi.
4. Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt so that you may know to answer everyone Pray for Vani and
Shanti Pradhan and the Nepali Moravian Outreach.
5. Jesus opened their minds to understand the Scriptures. Pray for Roman Brady and the Monthly Mission Ministries.
6. Sunday-Woe to me if I do not proclaim the gospel! Pray for the Adopt-a-Child food program in the Sierra Leone
7. Jesus said, “My mother and my brothers are those who hear the word of God and do it.” Pray for the peace of Israel
and the Jewish people.
8. “I am with you always, to the end of the age.” Pray for Village Missions as they seek to provide pastors for struggling
rural churches in North America.
9. Let us approach the throne of grace with boldness. Pray for the Unity Women’s Desk.
10. There is no perversion of justice with the Lord our God. Pray for Celeste Handy with Inter Varsity Fellowship at the
University of New Mexico in Gallup, NM.
11. Jesus died and rose again. God will bring with him those who have died. Pray for Glenna and George Tasedan in
12. God will redeeme me from the realm of the dead. Pray for Phil and Eunice Raiford in Mexico.
13. Sunday-I have redeemed you, I have called you by name, you are mine. Pray for Missionary Aviation Repair Center.
14. The Lord is my son and my shield. Pray for those in retirement communities,
15. No good tree bears bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit. Pray for Love In the Name of Christ (Love, INC).
16. Turn to me and be saved. I am God and there is no other. Pray for the Master’s Mission in Robbins NC.
17. I will gather those who have been scattered and give them praise and honor in the land where they were shamed. Pray
for our retired ministers.
18. From this time forward I will make you hear new things that you have not known. Pray for Kendra Roy in Brazil.
19. The Lord will vindicate his people and have compassion on his servants. Pray for Safiatu and Mohamed Braima in
20. Sunday -There are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit; and varieties of service but the same Lord. Pray for Likewise
21. Blessed be the God who has sent his angel and delivered his servants. Pray for Adopt-A-Village program in Tanzania.
22. Learn to do good; seek justice, rescue the oppressed. Pray for Andrew and Amy Fields, missionary couple at the
Moravian Bible Institute in Honduras.
23. This son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found. Pray for Ruth Snyder and Claire Wilson with
24. The hope of the righteous ends in gladness. Pray for the Bishops and Pastors of the Moravian church.
25. Your way, O God, is holy. Pray for Dr. Louis and Susan Sutton with WEC.
26. The Lord gives grace to the humble. Pray for K & C in the Middle East.
27. Sunday-No one who puts a hand to the plow and looks back is fit for the kingdom of God. Pray for C & V and Family
with Bridges International in campus ministry in TX,
28. The Lord put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Pray for M and B Brent with Campus Crusade in
29. God is with you in all that you do. Pray for Michael, Cecilia, and Blessing Tesh serving the children in the Ray of Hope
orphanage in Kenya.
30. God is wise in heart, and mighty in strength – who has resisted him and succeeded? Pray for the Community Medical
Outreach offered monthly in each congregation in Guyana, offering evaluations, educations, medications.
31. The Lord is the true God; he is the living God and
Moravian Daily Texts
First Sunday after Christmas
Watchword for the Week — Let them praise the name of the Lord, for his name alone is exalted; his glory is above earth and heaven. Psalm 148:13
Sunday, December 30 — 1 Samuel 2:18-20,26; Psalm 148
Colossians 3:12-17; Luke 2:41-52
Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to do it. Proverbs 3:27
Be doers of the word, and not merely hearers who deceive themselves. James 1:22
Gracious and giving Savior, forgive us when we withhold our power. Forgive us when we act on the behalf of a brother or a sister. Let us be fed by worship this day and go out to be your hands and feet. Amen.
12-23-12-bulletin - Click on link for the bulletin for Sunday - December 23rd.
Thursday, December 20 — Psalm 145:1-7
2 Kings 18; Acts 5:17-40
Unless the Lord guards the city, the guard keeps watch in vain. Psalm 127:1
Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God. 2 Corinthians 3:5
O Lord, you know we act as if we can do all things and be all things. But deep down, Lord, we know our strength, our wisdom, our competence all comes from you. Let us give thanks. Amen.